Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Seriously. And I mean it.

Today I would like to write something more serious. Not because I have to, but just to prove that it is not because we chose to write about a fun chronicle that we can't think about it. So this is about humour.



Can we laugh about everything? And why do we want to laugh? I don't think there is a real answer, even if I am aware that we can't make fun of every subject. Some of them are quite delicate, like religion, diseases, and so on. How could we decide to laugh or not? Can I make fun of my grandmother even if she is in a wheelchair? Is it shocking for you? You are maybe right, if it is. But My grand mother is laughing with me, and sometimes, it is just the best solution to accept some situations. It is the way I chose to deal with this fucking thing. Shocking? I don't care.

And Daniel Morin? Shocking? How could he be so cynic?
The world is a mess, nowadays: wars, crisis, everything (or at least, a lot of things) is getting worst and worst. Humour is a good way to protect ourselves. Of course, we could be serious all the time, but then I would surely kill myself, or at least try to.
We, lucky frenchies, are living in a free country, and should feel thankful for that. Daniel Morin would'nt be allowed to talk about our president, in some other states. I would'nt even try to write this, in the way I do.

Laughing is a good thing, and if people like Daniel Morin are putting a smile upon our faces when we are walking our way to the subway, then maybe life would be better and better. At least, when I see someone laughing for no reason, it just..makes me smile. And it shines all day long.

Now you can listen to the chronicle, and please, have fun. It is the greatest way to face the world.

http://http//www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/chro/danielmorin/index.php?id=76353

2 comments:

  1. Very good post Camille, I like your reflexion about humour and I share most of what you wrote.
    I for myself dont really get when people get mental about dark humour. To me dark humour is the best. Just make sure you're surrounded by people sharing your sense of humour when you pull a joke about retarded people or old people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah dark humour is pretty important to me too. But I don't think it even has to be about serious or horrible things. In Britain, it's more of a 'style'. Sure we have comedy that talks about everything (if you really like biting hard hu,our, check our Ricky Gervais stand-up - you can probably find it on YouTube; look for his shows called "Animals" or "Politics") but you can be dark about anything just by having a cynical tone when you speak. Of course, it's not the only type of humour that's possible.. Michael Mcintyre is a great stand-up comedian who has a very jovial attitude. But yeah you've always gotta make sure your audience is going to appreciate your jokes - I've made a few faux pas recently just being around friends I evidently didn't know as well as I thought..

    Hey Camille I'm afraid the link doesn't work for me. Could it possibly have expired? Or maybe it's just 'cos I'm in the CRL and it's blocked...

    Nice post!! I enjoyed it.

    P.S. "getting worse and worse" -- "worst" is the superlative, like "best"

    ReplyDelete